You know I've been going to ACA meetings everyday Monday with my dad now and it's so weird you know...because if you didn't know I am Adult Child of An Alcoholic (My Mother) who died as you know.
Anyway I've noticed how's there's a strange lack of communication in the Adult Children of Alcoholics Meetings.
I like some of the protocols like Confidentiality which is understandable but what I really hate are some of the Rules.
I mean come on, here we have lived with dysfunctional Rules and Roles all of our lives pretty much and now we within these meetings can't even comment? what;s up with that?
I think it's still a lack of expressing ourselves, and yes I understand if the comments are rude and disrespectful, and judgmental, but if we could just set a Rule where we can still comment, but without any bad things happening.
Because I really do like ACA and it has helped me and my dad express all of the screwed up shit we have gone thru...but I don't like the weirdness of the whole thing you know.
Like stopping, and having to wait for one person to share or not share, it's not really sharing that's the issue but the strange lack of communication within the ACoA Meeting I go to (In some ways not all).
I'm sure it will change tho...the protocols just need to change a bit, like every week someone should read a different (But educational) ACoA Book, so we can understand ourselves a little better with more perspectives then just the same old protocols over and over again.
I understand the script we use, we should still use that in the beginning of every Meeting, but I must say we should change our protocols wrong time to time, even if new comers come along, I'm sure they would want use to advance as well.
And I don't like the quote we do in the meeting that goes like ''I will except the things I cannot change'', I got a better one ''I will except the things I can change'' not ''cannot'' change.
No comments:
Post a Comment